Monday, December 2, 2013

My life is a Luvs commercial

If you've seen any of the new Luvs commercials, the one about how life is with a second kid, you know what I'm talking about.  You stop sterilizing the pacis, you nurse without shame in public, you put your kids in whatever is clean, heck I don't even slap a headband on my kids anymore.  It's pointless really.  I actually even let my kid suck her thumb. You realize that the only thing that's important is that you give them love, food, clothing, and shelter.









Another thing that happens with that second kid: you become selfless, in a sense.  My first priority is NOT to make sure I have the latest mascara and hair care products, it's to make sure my kids have EVERYTHING they need.  Having kids is expensive, and if that means I don't get to stock up on my beauty supplies then that's fine by me.  I mean I'm not going say that moms who take time for themselves are selfish, because that's not true.  I'm just saying it's definitely not as important when you have more than one.  I would love nothing more than to purchase the perfume Honey by Marc Jacobs, but I will be buying snowsuits instead.  My husband says I smell just as good without it ;) 

Well, I have a high chair to take outside and hose off (hoorah) 

No comments:

Post a Comment