Tuesday, December 13, 2011

There's No Place Like Home
















It's true, there is no place like home.  It's funny how now my home is now 20 minutes away from my parents and with my husband and child.  A wise, sweet, professor once said to me "the home you grew up in is never the same once you're grown and married", and she was right.  I love visiting, but I do prefer to be with just my husband and daughter on a daily basis, it's quieter, calmer, and cozy.  Our heat still isn't fixed but we're making do with 2 space heaters + running the dryer to make the bathroom warm.  Thankfully tomorrow morning our heater will be looked at and hopefully fixed for a reasonable price.  Roxie is bundled up with two warm blankets and a hat.  All the quilts I've been collecting are coming in handy too!  So tonight, even though it's a tad cooler than I like it, I am enjoying my quiet time with husband and daughter.  Tomorrow will be spent cleaning and getting ready for this weekend's visitors!  It's going to be one busy weekend with a family Christmas party on Saturday and Chris' and my one year anniversary Sunday :)  I cannot wait!  It's still hard to believe it's been an entire year!  I feel so blessed to have such an amazing husband and now daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment