Saturday, December 31, 2011

A look at 2011


As we're nearing the end of 2011 I wanted to talk about my top 3 favorite photoshoots of this year. Now, I do many photoshoots in the course of a year, but there are always a few that are completely unforgettable.


First we have Adrian and Susanna's wedding. Reasons why it was unforgettable: It had been pouring rain ALL morning long. The rain was coming down so hard that I had to drive 25 when the speed limit was 50. Oh and it was an outdoor wedding. Amber, my permanent wedding shoot buddy, and I were praying with all we had that it would clear up so they could have their ceremony outdoors. Of course the weather did clear long enough for the ceremony and for us to get some great pictures. It's no secret the Amber and I live for a good outdoor wedding. Aside from all that I was also in my second trimester, so I was just starting to grow out of all of my non-maternity clothes.....I have a shot somewhere that Amber took of how awful I looked all rain-soaked and fat. Instead of posting that I will post two of my favorite shots from that day. It was a BEAUTIFUL wedding!!! Congrats again to Adrian and Susanna!





Next up: My photoshoot with baby Eli!!! He is beyond adorable and looks much different now than he did in the pictures I took at the time. It was inevitable that he would be beautiful since his momma, Andrea, is absolutely gorgeous! This photoshoot was memorable because I was HUGE and pregnant laying on the grass to get the best pictures and little Roxie would just kick with all her might until I switched to a different position. Roxie got to meet sweet Eli the other day at church, of course she was more focused on wanting to eat while Eli proceeded to look her over. So here are a couple of my favs from that day.





And finally my MOST favorite photoshoot of the year: Ally. Ally's photoshoot was my favorite for a myriad of reasons but the main reason is because she is my best friend and we've been best friends since we first started walking. And because she's my best friend, and trusts my judgement, I always get to try out new poses and techniques with her. I always have a ton of fun taking pictures of her. And just a head's up, there will be yet another photoshoot of her coming up very soon! We're going to try a bunch of new things this time around!





I had a great year this year!  I already know 2012 has even more photoshoots in store!

1 comment:

  1. i love those wedding photos! you did such a great job and i was so glad i was there beside you to enjoy it! i hope your new years has been great thus far! <3

    ReplyDelete