Friday, December 30, 2011

Cooking my way through Ms. G's cookbook

Some know and some don't know, but I married a Cajun man. Even though we don't live in Louisiana my husband is what he is. For the past year he has said over and over how badly he wants me to go to LA so I can meet his family and taste the food. If you asked him what my major cooking flaw is he would say its that I cannot cook a Cajun meal. Well that is about to change. Over Christmas his granny promised to loan me her Cajun cook book and today Chris brought it home to me with a huge smile on his face. Meaning it's time for me to get reading and then get cooking. So I've decided to take the Julie and Julia approach and cook at least one thing a week(instead of every day) out of this cookbook. This week I'm making beignets. Hopefully I won't mess them up since essentially all they are is fried biscuits with powdered sugar. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment